7. Hot Dish Restaurant (Not to be confused with Hautte Dish in the Warehouse Dist.) serves up Minnesota comfort food like Tater Tot Hot dish and Spam for breakfast. Best part is that it’s pre-security making it possible to meet up with friends or family who are just flying through and have just a little time to kill. Only reason this one is still sort of a secret is because it’s just inside the very first entrance to the ticketing area in Terminal 1, so if you walk in on the other side you might miss it.
6. There’s a cool little observation deck above the “D” gates. A quiet room with seats and big windows that give you a decent view onto the tarmac. Great for plane watching or just getting away from crowds.
5. There are TWO quiet seating areas (sort of like food and drink-free airline lounges). One is located above Ike’s Food and Cocktails on the mezzanine level overlooking the mall area below. The other is at the other end of the mall on the mezannine above MSP news.
4. There’s a private nursing mothers room that can be used for a multitude of mothering tasks above the food court on the C concourse. There’s also a family center that can be used for nursing, diaper changes and play located near the entrance to the E concourse.
3. Anti-social types can even rent a private room in the airport conference center. There you can check e-mail or get some work done in peace before your flight.
2. Also, many don’t know about the security checkpoint adjacent the rental car & transit center. There’s rarely a big line here but it’s far from the main terminal so it’s only worth seeking it out if you’re NOT checking luggage. It’s also great if you’re coming IN from those super-far A, B, C or G concourse gates because you can exit security close to those far gates and jump the monorail back to the main terminal.
1. “Lucky Lindy’s” arcade. The airports signature arcade is on the “F” concourse near gate F7. This is just one of 4 arcades that includes one each on the C and G concourses and one pretty big one at the Humphrey Terminal…or Terminal 2.