We did it! We made it to our 10th podcast! This week we look back at a scary 40 minutes aboard a United Airlines flight and dig into Hyatt’s first points promotion of 2018. Plus we found another SiriusXM pal with vacation tales about this weeks featured destination: Barbados.
Lucrative Hyatt Deal and Keeping Cool on United
- Hyatt came at us with their first big points promotion of 2018 and it’s a good one.
- “Keeping cool on United” hasn’t been an easy thing for me to do in recent years under NORMAL conditions. This past week, a Google engineer was able to breathe deeply in a pretty scary situation. Here’s his tweet from United flight 1175 this past Tuesday when the engine casing flew off the left engine in mid-air:
— Erik Haddad (@erikhaddad) February 13, 2018
- Miami loses it’s WOW.
Bits of Barbados: All Wonderful.
- BIG ROCKS, tiny bases. Bathsheba delights.
- The Friday Night Fish Fry is more than just fried fish.
- Neither I nor our guest @PandaPaula were impressed with the local Mt. Gay Rum but if you want a dare: We challenge you to the full distillery tour.
Finally: My YouTube tutorial on how to break your “waterproof” phone in Barbados.
Sony XPERIA advertised this model as fully waterproof but I failed to read the “freshwater only” part in the fine print. So while it can handle a run in the dishwasher, it can’t handle 3 seconds in the Atlantic.
Travel Cards we Like Right Now*
Jake: SPG Business Card is still my main for business expenses. Easy transfers to partner airlines and use of Sheraton Lounges are just 2 great benefifts.
Ryan: Chase Sapphire Reserve: It’s got a hefty Fee but The Chase Sapphire Reserve comes with a $300 transportation credit yearly and tons of travel benefits.
*Please note that we may get a consumer-level referral benefit (in points) if you use our links but aren’t paid by banks/credit cards to recommend. These are cards we actually use and like. We don’t use credit card affiliate linking anywhere in our content.